Pixel exact emulation of the Commodore 128,Commodore 64, VIC 20 and Atari 2600 written entirely in Java
Z64K should run on any platform with an updated java runtime environment installed. I will update this site when I get some free time but in the mean time feel free to drop me a message via the contact page with feedback or questions. The changelog only includes changes not shown on this homepage.
*tip: ALT-ENTER togglesfullscreen mode
***JAVA 9 and 10 users should use the –Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1.0 option if the screen does not render nicely on your setup. See https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8189416***
Size : 2099.818 Kb
Type : jar
Size : 6.7 Kb
Type : txt
Size : 680 Kb
Type : doc
- ALT+O = Toggle output of VICIIe/VDC to main screen (C128 only)
- ALT+2 = Toggle 2nd display ON/OFF (C128 only)
- ALT+ENTER = Toggle Fullscreen mode
- ALT+INSERT = Paste text from clipboard
- ALT+DELETE = Copy screen text to clipboard
- ALT+Q = Toggle capture mouse (C128 & C64)
- ALT+R = Soft reset
- CTRL+ALT+R = Hard reset
- ALT+W = Toggle Warp mode
The following keymappings override the values in the keyboard configuration editor for the C128
F9 = F1/F2
Other changes are:-
PC CAPS LOCK = C128 SHIFT LOCK
For emulated NUMPAD Joystick Num Lock needs to be OFF.
C128 NUMPAD keys works with Num Lock ON.
There is an option to enable/disable extra c128 keys via settings==>setup==>Extended Keyboard keys in the latest downloadable version of the emulator. Default is enable extended keyboard keys in C128/CPM modes only.
The C128 Direction keys are mapped to PC cursor keys, and CRSR U/D and CRSR L/R mapped to PC NUMPAD / and * when Extended Keyboard keys enabled.
- Minor improvement to frame skip
- Fixed case where frame wasn't detected during frame skip that could freeze emulator. Also added timeout value in unlikely case frame is never detected during skipping of frame.
- Added frame skip (ALT-F while emulator paused) and fixed bug when starting monitor for first time when emulator is paused
- Improved Comal-80 support.
- Added Comal-80 cartridge support.
- Added rendering hints to improve display with JRE 9+
- Fixed CPM and Expert cartridge VICII graphics fetch bug that was introduced in last version.
- Fix C1581 LED behaviour
- Uploaded correct branch of Z64K. Earlier version has some disk issues resulting from bug in CIA Port A mask.
- Fixed bug introduced into SID waveform generator on 15 August 2018. Samples in the last V8 playcorrectly again.
- Fixed a bug that caused the TestBench drive testsuite to fail to mount disk.
- Compact toolbar icons on main screen
7 January 2019- New TestBench Frontend
- Fixed new TestBench Frontendscript for disk images.
- Fixed case sensitive name of image filethat caused a fatal error on some systems.
- Removed TestBench from menu when emulating Atari 2600.
- TestBench support for VICE and HOXS64.
- TestBench frame resizable.
- Z64K C128 can select c64 or c128 tests in TestBench
- Fixed exit screenshot size when in console mode. Testbench script screenshot tests work again
- TestBench selects correct tests for currently emulated computer
- Fixed TAP (raw C64 cassette TAPE images) version 0 support
- Fixed some SID player bugs
- Added c128 Expert Cartridge support
- Fixed minor bug with c64 cartridge NMI logic
- Fixed bug introduced on 10 November that prevented CP/M cartridge working with C128 emulation
- Minor changes to Testbench UI tree look and feel.
- Fixed some bugs with Expert Cartridge.
- Removed some debug output from emulator that I forgot to disable in last release.
2 December -First formal release!!
- All logged changes moved into changelog.
- Release 1.0 has a java language level of 7 so requires JRE 7 or better.
- Future versions with release number 2.x will be created at java language level of 8 so will require JRE 8 or better.